Monday, May 30, 2016

The Beauty of Alone

There’s something that draws me to being alone. It's the beauty I find in not having to rely on anyone else for comfort, for peace, for happiness. It’s the part of me that has learned to love the darkness. Because to me, alone = darkness. Not a bad darkness. But a fulfilled, placid, darkness. 

 A darkness where only I exist. Where I don’t have to take care of anyone, or anything. Where I can feel, do, and be whatever I want...in that moment.  Where I can be true with my thoughts, my words, my actions. It’s where I have come to know who I am beneath the surface, beneath everything I was ever taught and told that I was supposed to be.

Alone is where I have reconciled so many hurts, so many disappointments, and so many fears. It’s where I have gained my power; and learned to love. To me-being alone is my reward. It’s my proclamation of “I DID IT!” And I really did do it. I learned to love myself. I learned to be my friend. I learned to have compassion, for me. It’s my reward for making it through the constant battlefields of growth, of change, of hardship. 

I can be with me. I can love who I am. And I can embrace the beautiful, sparkly, darkness that comes with being one with alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment